Today I had a joint-visit with my boss to customer site.
Even though it's not a first time to have joint-visit; but this time I have complicated feeling.
Nervous mix with calm down; excited mix with scare; loss direction mix with little confident.
How complicated am I.XD
I picked up my boss at Tmn Sejati and we were heading to office without any trouble traffic jam. Good! and at least I have little time to prepare some info to understand the customer background.
First customer-St Jude Medical Sdn Bhd. Unfortunately, we had a bad morning appointment. It was raining heavily when I reached St Jude. I need to registered at guard house which car is not allowed to get in. I tried to get the help from customer but the guard refuse and mentioned this is company policy, no one can break it. Alright, as I already late about 30 min; I have no choice, I park my car at outside; walked in with an umbrella, held my file, catalog. My cloth half wet and my long paint totally wet. How uncomfortable am I when entered a room with air-con. ><
The person we met is a young guy who just joined the comp in year 2010.I make a simple self- introduction to him and brief him about our comp products with catalog.Firstly, I opened up the discussion topic of quotation. Haha! He has no problem with the quote and pending to issue PO jek!XD After that, he started the chit chat session with my boss. I tried my best to understand from their conversation as this is the way for me to learn about their comp and my own comp working &product procedure. I learned how my boss get the info from customer; how he throw questions to customer; how to get the contact from others and so on.
Second customer-Ambu Sdn Bhd. Just nearby St Jude actually.Again, need to gone through registration and waiting the customer process. The discussion of quotation did not go smoothly. The customer asked me a lot of questions either regarding the product info or OPD working process, I could'nt ans at all. Luckily, my boss back up me. The end user has no problem with the price but the purchaser keep on asking to revise the price though we promised to give a discount. Anyhow, just see how the "sky'' work lo...
Third customer - Osram Opto Sdn Bhd. This is a comp which I actually feel bit stress. It huge and the product that we sold to them is quite technical. Before all the ppl gather in the meeting room, my boss said : OK! this time I want to see how you throw questions to customer and get info. Be confident to yourself." I started worry about what to ask.I not understand at all. But every thing still go smotthly, becox my bos helped me. I felt lucky that I met a customer who very helpful, kind and friendly. He helped me to call up his dept related ppl to meet me and gv me a chance to intro myself + our products. I tried to understand his process and his needs in the new item. But, hee hee...I dont udnerstand. But according to my boss, the thing need to customize cox nt common. This visitation was the longest one I had.
Last customer - Dynacraft. The customer speak very fast but friendly enough. May be she is really bz.This session ended within 15 min. As me and my boss also tire and the person also bz.
Here, I end up my day.
Next week, I will be in KL for the whole week. After the week, going to many places lo....
Jia yew!
jia you!
ReplyDelete